Benefits advice for landlords

Show all parts of this guide

3. Changes affecting your tenants

The types of changes you need to tell us about are:

  • the rent is going up or down

  • the tenant has moved out, even if their tenancy has not ended

  • the tenant has moved to a different room in your property

  • the number of people in the tenant's household has changed

  • any other changes which you think may affect the tenant's entitlement to housing benefit

How to report a change of circumstance

• You can report a change of circumstance online 

• You can telephone us on 01392 277888 and ask for Housing Benefit

• You can download and print a change of circumstance general form [61kb] and return it to us using the freepost address printed on the form (no stamp required)