1. What can I put in the bin?
It is easier, quicker and safer for our workers to sort materials if you do not 'bag up' items in your recycling container.
These can go in your green bin:
- Drink cans (empty)
- Food tins (empty)
- Aerosols (empty)
- Biscuit tins and lids
- Aluminium foil
- Puree tubes (leave lids on)
- Plastic bottles - including household cleaning product bottles (empty, with the lids on)
- Plastic food containers (empty)
- Polythene or plastic film and wrap (including bubble wrap)
- Newspapers and magazines
- Junk mail and envelopes (remove plastic wrapper from junk mail and put it into your container separately)
- Carrier bags
- Phone directories
Please note that we do not accept shredded paper for recycling.
All other items that are not listed above should go into the grey bin, including food waste if you are not able to compost at home.