This is a one-off top up grant for all businesses with a business rates liability, mandated to close during national restrictions in place from 5 January 2021.
The following funding thresholds apply:
a) Businesses occupying hereditaments appearing on the local rating list with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under on the date of the commencement of the widespread national restrictions will receive a payment of £4,000.
b) Businesses occupying hereditaments appearing on the local rating list with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 on the date of the commencement of the widespread national restrictions will receive a payment of £6,000.
c) Businesses occupying hereditaments appearing on the local rating list with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or above on the commencement date of the widespread national restrictions, will receive £9,000
There will be one application process for both this scheme and the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum: 5 January onwards scheme, and eligible businesses will receive the two payments together.
The application closure date for both schemes is 31 March 2021 and final payments must be made by 30 April 2021.
Please note these exclusions to the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum: 5 January onwards and Closed Businesses Lockdown Payment Funding:
- Businesses without a Business Rates liability.
- Businesses that are able to conduct their main service because they do not depend on providing direct in-person services from premises and can operate their services effectively remotely (e.g. accountants, solicitors).
- Businesses in areas outside the scope of the national restrictions, as defined by Government, are also excluded.
- Businesses that have chosen to close but not been required to will not be eligible for this grant.
- Businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
Full details of The Closed Businesses Lockdown Payment grant scheme can be found in the Exeter City Council Closed Businesses Lockdown Payment policy document.
To make a claim for the Closed Businesses Lockdown Payment and the LRSG – Closed Addendum: 5 January onwards grant, please use our online application form.