5. What to do in an emergency
If you are in an emergency situation, the most important thing you need to do is to press the button on your pendant or alarm, then:
- Once you've pressed the button you’ll hear a "bleep" and a reassurance light will flash on your alarm unit. The alarm unit is automatically programmed to call the control centre
- A few seconds will pass, the "bleeping" will change tone and then one of our operators will answer your call
- You can explain what the problem is and the operator will arrange whatever assistance is necessary
- Even if you can’t hear the operator or they can’t hear you, all your details are on our screen. They’ll call one of your responders (key holders) to visit you and find out if everything is ok
- If the Operator can’t contact any of your key holders and they're sufficiently concerned for your health, safety and well-being then they may contact the Emergency Services to attend your home and check everything is ok
What if I press the alarm by accident?
Never worry about pressing the pendant or alarm by accident. We would rather know that you are ok. We will be pleased to hear from you and will log the call as a test showing that your equipment is working properly.