If a vehicle has been left in the same location and not been driven for some time, it may have been abandoned.
Tax discs are no longer needed - if a vehicle does not have a tax disc it does not mean it has been abandoned or that it is untaxed.
To report an abandoned vehicle please use the following form:
Start the journey
More info about the journey
To report an abandoned vehicle to us, you will need to provide the following information:
- your name and address
- the make, model and colour of the vehicle
- the registration number of the vehicle
- exact location of the vehicle and the length of time it has been abandoned
- the condition of the vehicle (eg smashed windows, flat tyres, missing parts)
Please note that anonymous complaints will not be investigated.
If you report an abandoned vehicle to us we will contact the DVLA to try and find the current owner. One of the following notices will be fixed to the vehicle:
- a 24 hour notice if the vehicle is a danger to residents eg burnt out
- a 7 day notice for vehicles parked on the highway
- a 15 day notice for vehicles parked on private land (the land owner will be charged a removal fee of £50.00)
We will take photos of the vehicle and write to the last registered owner telling them to remove the vehicle. If it has not been claimed by the end of the notice period, the vehicle will be removed.
If the owner comes forward it is not classed as abandoned and we will not be able to remove the vehicle.
You can us on 01392 277888 and ask for Abandoned Vehicles.