Health and safety visits

Show all parts of this guide

4. Complain about a visit

If you are unhappy with the way we have dealt with you, we want to know. We want to put things right, and we always welcome suggestions to help improve our service.

To complain please write to:

Complaints Monitoring Officer
Corporate Support Unit
Exeter City Council
Paris Street

You can also complain online on our comments and complaints page

If you are not satisfied with our actions you can contact:

HSE's Local Authority Unit
Rose Court
2 Southwark Bridge

The HSE see that your complaint is followed up promptly and fairly with us. If it is unable to resolve the problem it will report the matter to the Health and Safety Commission.

In cases of maladministration you can also make a complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.

If the inspector is from another enforcing authority, such as HSE, you can contact the inspector's manager and ask for your complaint to be investigated.