See our privacy notices for details on how we manage personal information

Comments and Complaints

Show all parts of this guide

2. Make a comment or complaint

Please use this page if you would like to complain or comment about:

  • the standard of service received
  • our response to a request for service or
  • actions by the council.

To make a complaint about a councillor please call the City Solicitor & Head of HR Services/Monitoring Officer if you have further questions on 01392 265874. Please also see the following guidance and form.

If you are unhappy about the way we have dealt with a complaint about data protection or freedom of information, please contact the Information Commissioner

Start the journey


More info about the journey

You will need to provide us with your name, contact details and information about your comment or complaint.

Once you have submitted your complaint we will send an acknowledgement within five working days. We aim to send a full response within 15 working days but some complaints take longer to investigate properly.  In these cases, we will tell you when you can expect a full reply.

To let us know about a health and safety issue please use our online comment form Have your say on health and safety.

To contact us by email, send your query to

Or send a letter to us at:

Complaints Officer
Exeter City Council
Civic Centre
Paris Street