3. How decisions are made
Councillors are elected in Exeter for a term of up to four years to represent you and take decisions on your behalf on all kinds of important issues affecting everyday life in Exeter.
Members of the public are welcome to attend Council, Executive, Scrutiny and other Committees to listen to the debate.
Please see How Decisions are Made, which includes information on the following:
- Exeter City Council's Committees and how they work
- How to find out what's on an agenda
- What happens at meetings
- The Council's Committee Structure
- Portfolio Holders
- A summary of your legal rights to attend meetings and to inspect and copy documents
- How you can ask a question at Scrutiny Committee
- Your chance to speak at the Planning Committee