Salary:See vacancy description
Service Unit:Economy & Tourism
Full Time (37 hours per week 20% of which is study/college time)- 12-18 Month Fixed Term Contract
Provisional interview date: 06.09.2017
Provisional start date: September 2017
Salary/Grade: A2- £13,601pa
- Assist the Tourism team in researching and developing tourism promotional and development activities for Exeter to the local, regional, national and overseas audience. As and when required, work with external companies and agencies to create effective tourism promotional activities.
- Be responsible for maintaining and developing pages on Exeter City Council’s website.
- Assist in co-ordinating and attend a range of exhibitions, workshops and holiday shows promoting Exeter and evaluate the effectiveness of these activities.
- Assist in providing editorial content and images for various publications and websites, including those produced in-house and externally, to promote Exeter as a day visitor, short break, group and business tourism destination regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Scanning and indexing the secure dispatch of post.
- Assisting the System and Service Leads with compiling promotional material, advertising campaigns, leaflets, forms, and awareness seminars, as required, and assisting with consultation analysis.
- Liaise with relevant organisations including (but not limited to) other Council’s, Exeter BIB, Exeter Cultural Partnership, traders associations and the private sector within Exeter in developing effective partnerships.
- Research, develop and share engaging and creative content on Exeter using a variety of digital platforms including (but not limited to) blogs, Facebook, Pintrest, Twitter, Instagram, Google + and Youtube.
- Respond to simple customer enquiries by email and telephone.
- Raise orders, purchase order requests, IT works and similar for Service and System Leads.
- Arrange meetings, workshops and scheduling training as requested by Service and System Leads. Responsible for preparing agendas as well as taking and distributing minutes.
Essential - Minimum of 3 - 5 GCSE’s A – C to include English, Mathematics and IT or equivalent, and/or level 2 Business Administration
Desirable - AS or A’ level in Business Studies
- A confident communicator (verbal and written) with experience in carrying out administrative tasks
- IT literate, with experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook (or similar) and able to manipulate data to produce reports
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organised with the ability to multi-task
- Investigative & problem solving skills
- Discretion and trustworthiness, as party to confidential information
- The ability to be proactive, take the initiative, customer focussed and committed to quality service provision
- Experience in compiling web information and promotional material or equivalent
- Reliable, flexible, with a willingness to be helpful at all times
You should have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and, above all, you’ll display a willingness and commitment to learn and excel through a combination of college-based study and practical work-based experience. You should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable to changing service needs.
- Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship with one day a week college training and on the job assessments and observations.
- NVQ in Business Administration
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities - embedded within L3 Certificate in Principles of Business & Administration
- Functional Skills in Maths/English/IT if applicable
Upon satisfactory completion of the Level 3 apprenticeship programme, further progression will be subject to funding and availability of positions.
At a Glance
Business and Administration
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
For full details and to apply please visit: https://exeter-college.enrola.co.uk/opportunity/595f461e510b2