Salary:See vacancy description
Service Unit:Community, Health, Wellbeing Sport and Leisure
Full Time - 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Salary: Grade 8 pending Job Evaluation with anticipated salary between £26,470pa-£33,136pa
Join our team in providing a proactive leisure contract management service within Exeter.
- We aim to enhance Exeter as the regional capital through working with partners to improve the quality of life for all people living, working in and visiting the city.
- Exeter is currently investing tens of millions of pounds into the leisure centre portfolio and has been selected by Sport England to participate in the local delivery pilots’ programme, with a focus on increasing physical activity within target groups.
- We are committed to a becoming the most physically active city in England and supporting our communities to raise physical activity levels further and achieve improvements in health outcomes.
- Exeter is a great place to work. We offer flexible working arrangements in city centre offices with excellent public transport links.
- Exeter City Council seek a suitably qualified and experienced leisure professional to take on the role of managing the council’s leisure contract, and other suitable contracts.
- The primary role for the successful candidate will be to provide a comprehensive contract monitoring service for the council ensuring that the leisure contract is effectively delivered and proactively managed.
- In addition the post holder provides a contract management function for corporate health and safety services, such as Portable Appliance Testing in council offices and Legionella testing in council owned properties.
- Some specialist community services contract management is also included within the post holders remit.
- The leisure contract(s) include the multi-site operation of indoor and outdoor leisure facilities within Exeter including swimming pools, leisure centres, golf facilities and an athletics stadium.
- The role requires the development of an effective working partnership with the external leisure operator to ensure that customers experience a consistently high quality experience and that the councils’ assets are managed and maintained to a high standard.
Key entry requirements
- A commitment to the delivery of high quality sport and leisure services and customer experiences is essential.
- We are looking for somebody with a degree or diploma in leisure management, preferably with swimming pool and health and safety management qualifications.
- Previous leisure management and contract management experience and up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation are essential.
To find out more about any of this post please contact Judith Wellings on 01392 265124 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org