Salary:£12241 / A1 - Level 2
Full time- 37 hours per week (30 working hours 7 studying hours)
24 month Apprenticeship contract
For further details or to apply please visit:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy legal department. Exeter City Council are providing the opportunity to develop in the role and start a legal career, following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
What work will I be doing? What duties and responsibilities will I have?
To work with the Council’s legal team with a particular emphasis on property and planning. To provide support to the property lawyers, other fee earners and members of the team. This will include but will not be limited to the main activities listed in the attached Job Description.
CILEx Law School has strong employer links within this industry sector and following on from successful completion of this apprenticeship there may be the opportunity for progression onto Chartered Legal Executive training.
Training to be provided?
- Job-specific training through working alongside experienced staff
- A competency based units to demonstrate you have the skills required to carry out the job. These are assessed by breaking down the contents of the jobs within your specific occupation into tasks called units of competences and will be measured through observations, assessments and witness testimony.
- A technical qualification that includes theoretical knowledge required in an occupation and underpins the knowledge required for the competencies.
- Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy) Dependent on your prior attainment you may need to be assessed in a literacy and numeracy skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Possible Enhancements
Your academic and competency training will be through CILEx Law School. CILEx Law School provide effective and accessible training for a wide range of professional and vocational legal qualifications. Our emphasis is on quality, innovation, and flexibility in course delivery, coupled with excellence in customer service. We are wholly owned by the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, and have been delivering legal training for 30 years.
Legal services organisations are increasingly using CILEx Law School training to develop support staff into fee earning roles including through the new legal apprenticeships. For more information please visit our website - www.cilexlawschool.ac.uk
CILEx will review your application against the criteria below when considering your suitability for the role, only applications which clearly demonstrate with evidence that they meet the essential criteria will be short-listed for interview. Desirable criteria are those that enhance your capacity to do the job but can be acquired once in employment.
You must provide evidence to demonstrate you meet the criteria within your application form to be short-listed.
Minimum Entry Qualifications:
- This is a monthly paid post and you will be entitled to receive 21 days annual leave
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work.
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding