Salary:£12241 / A1 - Level 2
Service Unit:Waste Operations
Full Time (37 hours per week 20% of which is study/college time)
Fixed Term Contract for 12 Months
Exeter City Council seek an apprentice to join their busy team at the Waste Operations Depot. To work with colleagues of all levels of the Council, residents of Exeter, Members, representatives of outside agencies and visitors, undertaking various aspects of clerical/administration duties within the organisation.
The Business Administration Level 2 Apprentice will provide administrative support within the Waste Operations and Recycling Team. Input, retrieve and format data from various computer systems. Assist with and personally deal with the efficient referral of queries from members of the public and staff (via email, phone and letter). Assist Supervisors in day to day running of Waste Operations. Assisting with H&S Compliance – Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work etc. and any other work which is appropriate and commensurate with the training programme.
Essential: Minimum of 3 - 5 GCSE’s A – C to include English, Mathematics and IT or equivalent.
- A confident communicator (verbal and written)
- IT literate, with experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook (or similar)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organised with the ability to multi-task
- Problem solver
- Interest in environmental issues
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- An interest in office procedures
- Reliable, flexible, with a willingness to be helpful at all times
You should have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and, above all, you’ll display a willingness and commitment to learn and excel through a combination of college-based study and practical work-based experience.
- Level 2 Business Administration apprenticeship with one day a week college training and on the job assessments and observations.
- NVQ in Business Administration
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities - embedded within L2 Certificate in Principles of Business & Administration
- Functional Skills in Maths/English/IT if applicable
Upon satisfactory completion of the Level 2 apprenticeship programme, further progression will be subject to funding and availability of positions.
How to apply
Please apply using this online form.