Salary:£13601 / A2 - Level 3
Service Unit:Democratic and Civic Support
Full Time (37 hours per week 20% of which is study/college time)
12-18 month Fixed Term Contract
Please view the below Job Description and Person Specification for full details on the role.
Exeter City Council seek an apprentice to join the Personal Assistant’s team to the Senior Management Board, Members and the Leader.
To assist the PA Team to provide a comprehensive, efficient and confidential secretarial and support service in line with the individual work habits and preferences of senior management to enable them to focus on their strategic objectives, vision and management responsibilities. To work with colleagues of all levels of the Council, residents of Exeter, representatives of outside agencies and visitors, undertaking various aspects of clerical/administration duties within the organisation.
You should have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and, above all, you’ll display a willingness and commitment to learn and excel through a combination of college-based study and practical work-based experience.
The Business Administration Level 3 Apprentice will provide administrative support to the Personal Assistant’s Team.
- Undertake general office duties such as photocopying, scanning, collecting post.
- Screen telephone calls and take messages on behalf of SMB members and the PA team.
- To arrange meetings and appointments on behalf of SMB members.
- To print and collate agenda papers for meetings as appropriate.
- To type, format and amend reports, correspondence and other documents, including preparing Powerpoint presentations
- To assist the SMT members and the Leader in any of their research tasks to include obtaining information for reports and supporting documents, obtaining background and contextual information for meetings.
- Managing and reviewing office systems (filing etc.)
- To provide cover for other PAs in their absence
- To liaise with Councillors, Officers and external organisations as necessary.
- To provide a reception and hospitality service for any visitors including arranging car parking where necessary.
- To reconcile credit card statements on behalf of SMB members on a monthly basis.
- Assist with setting up AV equipment and other preparations for larger meetings.
- Dealing with stationery and IT service requests and any other duties commensurate with the role.
- Essential - Minimum of 5 GCSE’s, to include English, Mathematics and IT at Grade A - C or equivalent (4-9), and/or level 2 Business Administration
- Desirable - AS or A’ level in Business Studies
- A confident communicator (verbal and written)
- IT literate, with experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook (or similar)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organised with the ability to multi-task
- Problem solver
- Discretion and trustworthiness, as party to confidential information
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Reliable, flexible, with a willingness to be helpful at all times
How to apply & for more details
Please apply using this online form.