Salary:£24,313-£26,317 / Grade G
Service Unit:City Development
Full Time - 37 hours per week
Fixed Term contract: 12 months
£24,313 - £26,317 - Grade G - plus market supplement
Join our team in providing a customer-focussed Development Management service for Exeter – we have a rare opening for a full-time Planning Officer, initially for a fixed period of 12 months, but with the possibility of a permanent contract.
• We aim to enhance Exeter as the regional capital through working with partners to improve the quality of life for all people living, working in and visiting the city.
• We are committed to a growth agenda focussed on delivering new housing, supporting existing and new business, and a thriving city centre.
• Exeter is a great place to work. We offer agile and flexible working arrangements, with city centre offices with excellent public transport links.
Our Development Management service
• Our service is designed to be responsive to customers.
• We do things in a different order to most Councils.
• We spend a lot of time on site with our customers, striving to understand what matters to them and providing high quality free advice at the earliest opportunity.
• We pull Building Control and other Council expertise to make sure that our advice is comprehensive and our approvals are deliverable.
• We are striving to create a working environment which provides continuous mutual support and learning opportunities. We talk to each other a lot.
• Delivery of a range of developments from initial enquiry to completion.
• Householder proposals, small residential and business schemes, changes of use, advertisements, work to trees and more.
• Initial planning investigation work, appeals, certificate of lawfulness applications and permitted development enquiries.
• A ‘can-do’ attitude is the quality we most value.
• We are looking for graduates of Planning or somebody keen to extend their skills by working in a delivery focused team.
• Previous Development Management experience and up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation are desirable.
• Great oral and written communication skills are essential.
To find out more about this post or how we do things in Exeter, please contact Matt Diamond 01392 265214.
Exeter City Council encourages employees to work flexibly in a way that not only meets their work responsibilities, but also suits individual lifestyle choices and home commitments.