Moving out

What happens when you move?

Council Tax is worked out on a daily basis. You should inform the council about your move so that we can make adjustments to your bill. This is especially important if you move to a new council area as you may be due a refund, depending on the method you used to pay Council Tax and how much has already been paid.

Notify us using your online account or by completing and returning a Moving Out form. If a refund is due this will be repaid to you. 

If your household changes and only one person is left living in the property, then you will qualify for 25% single occupier discount. You can claim the discount by emailing  or by phoning the Council Tax office on 01392 277888 (Council Tax Enquiries)

When this content has been updated

Last updated 28 April 2017