East Devon, Exeter, Mid Devon and Teignbridge, in partnership with Devon County Council, are working together, engaging with stakeholders and communities, to prepare a new joint plan. By working together, the aim is to deliver the best possible outcomes for the provision of new homes, jobs and infrastructure for existing and future generations, while also protecting and enhancing the environment. The plan is being called the Greater Exeter Strategic Plan and the Greater Exeter area covers all of the four local authority areas, excluding Dartmoor National Park.
The purpose of the GESP is to:
- Have a joined-up vision and aspirations for the area
- Meet the area’s housing needs in the right locations
- Secure economic growth and increased prosperity
- Provide transport and infrastructure improvements needed to support sustainable growth
- Conserve and enhance the area’s environment
Consultation on the GESP begins Monday 27 February and runs until Monday 10 April. The consultation is on the following documents:
- Consultation Issues (Regulation 18)
- The Consultation Issues paper provides an overview to the plan and is designed to stimulate debate early in the process.
- Statement of Community Involvement
- The Statement of Community Involvement sets out how we will consult members of public and other stakeholders in the preparation of the Greater Exeter Strategic Plan.
- Draft Sustainability Appraisal
- The Sustainability Appraisal is the appraisal of the economic, environmental and social effects of the Greater Exeter Strategic Plan and is used to inform its preparation, ensuring decisions accord with sustainable development.
There is also a call for sites and this is open to anyone wishing to promote land for housing or economic development within the Greater Exeter area.
For further information, your opportunity to comment or to submit a site, please click the link to be redirected to the GESP website.