As the owner of your block, we must adequately insure the whole building, but you have to pay your share towards this cost which is payable within your service charge.
Internal structures insurance
We offer insurance cover for the interior structure of your flat or maisonette, which you can pay alongside your service charge. You may choose to get your own insurance in which case you must provide us with a copy of your insurance schedule. Your lease stipulates that you must have this kind of interior insurance. This is to insure the interior of the premises, for example the internal walls, ceilings, floors, all cisterns, tanks, drains, wires and so on that solely serve the premises.
Our insurance officer can give you more information about the cover provided by our insurance policy by calling 01392 265261.
The insurance does not cover your personal belongings and furniture. You must arrange your own insurance to cover these items.
How do I make a claim?
- You must report any theft or malicious damage to the police straight away and get a crime reference number.
- We will arrange the repair if the loss or damage is to the outside of your property (such as the roof) and to communal areas.
- To make a claim, phone Zurich on 08000 159 329 or our insurance officer, they will send you a claim form, which you should fill in and return to the insurance company.
- We will contact you if we need any more information, or the insurance company may write to you direct. You must keep any documents such as certificates or reports and send them to the insurance company, if they ask.
- The insurance company will write to you with the decision about your claim.