Possible film locations in Exeter
Ideal film locations include:
- Self-contained University campus
- Cathedral with the longest unbroken stretch of gothic vaulting
- Modern Met Office headquarters
- Historic quayside with canal, river, medieval bridge, valley park
- Huge museum in the centre of Exeter - extensively renovated and recently re-opened
- Exeter Guildhall
- Period houses (e.g. Powderham Castle, Rockbeare Manor, Poltimore House)
- County Hall (a number of options available within this large public building)
- Public gardens
For more information about locations in and close to Exeter City Council, please see the Exeter Film Pack.
Local businesses and residents
If you provide facilities or services likely to be of interest to film production companies, you can register your services free of charge on the Creative England website.
Filming in any location brings two types of benefit. The first is the result of the film production company's spend during their stay and the second is the result of the knock-on tourism spend by people who choose to visit places that they saw on the big screen or television.
As part of their national film office service, Creative England manages a database of over 10,000 filming locations across England.
For film permissions or advice about filming in Exeter, please contact us on 01392 277888 and ask for 'Filming in Exeter' or email@example.com