11. Exeter River and Canal User Group
Terms of Reference
The Group is formed to:
- Serve the joint interest of the user organisations of the waterway and the City Council in its management of the upper region of the Port of Exeter.
- To assist in the promotion of the best use of the waterway.
- To contribute to operation of the canal, basin and the Quay.
- To act as a focus for users of the waterway and businesses operating in the vicinity.
- To promote self help measures for the improvement of the operation of the waterways
The Group will:
- Meet quarterly and will be deemed quorate if five or more members are in attendance.
- At its March meeting, from within its membership, elect a Chairperson a Minute Secretary and a Secretary (if deemed necessary) to serve for the coming year.
Membership of the Group is open to: (for as long as they represent their organisation)
- Delegated members of organisations with a direct link with the canal, basin, and the upper tidal river.* Representatives of businesses based around the canal, basin, and the upper tidal river.
- Representatives of the Exeter Canal & Quay Trust.
- Members of the City Council.
- The dates of meeting will be determined at the previous meeting and posts on the Council’s website* A draft agenda will be similarly posted on the website seven days prior to the meeting.
- Items for the agenda will be coordinated by the River & Canal Staff in consultation with the Chair.