6. Local Notices to Mariners
Exe Buoy / Port Entry Marker Broken Loose
Number: 04/18 Date: 13 Feb 2018
Notice is given that the Exe Buoy / Port Entry Marker has broken loose from its sinker during rough weather and was last reported travelling out to sea in a easterly direction.
Please contact Exeter City Council River & Canal Office if sighted 01392 265791
No.25 Starboard Marker has moved position
Number: 03/18 Date: 13 Feb 2018
Notice is given that the No.25 Starboard Marker has moved from its position towards Topsham during rough weather.
Subject to weather, our contractor expects to return the No.25 Buoy to its original position within the next 7 days
Starcross and Cockwood Tidal Defence Scheme
Number: 02/18 Date: 10 Jan 2018
Notice is given that planned works commenced on 8 January 2018 at Cockwood Harbour and at three sites in Starcross. The works will require the closure of both slipways in Cockwood Harbour, and three slipways in Starcross. One slipway of the five will be available throughout.
Boats within Cockwood Harbour will have to be moved as directed by the contractor to facilitate the works.
Vessels are advised to navigate with caution at all times.
The full schedule of works is available to download.
Cancellation of Local Notices to Mariners
Number: 01/18 Date: 09 Jan 2018
The following notices have been cancelled
- 02/17 Vessel sunk at Starcross
- 03/17 No.31 Starboard Marker moved position
- 04/17 No.31 Starboard Marker returned
- 05/17 No.3 Starboard Marker temporarily removed
- 06/17 Dawlish Warren Beach Recharge
- 07/17 Dawlish Warren Beach Recharge update
- 08/17 M5 Bridge works
- 09/17 Dawlish Warren Beach Recharge update
- 10/17 Bridge Road Works 26 June 17
- 11/17 No.20 Port Hand Marker Light Extinguished
- 12/17 No.24 Port Hand Marker Light Extinguished
- 13/17 Turf Pierhead Lights Extinguished
- 14/17 Exe Power Boat & Ski Club Events
The 2017 Local Notices to Mariners are available to download.