2. Temporary event notice application
You can serve your temporary event notice online.
You'll need to give:
- your details
- the address of the premises or if it has no address a detailed description including the ordnance survey references
- the licensable activities you want to provide at the event and the date and times when you'll be providing them
- a maximum number of people that will be at the event
You'll be charged a fee of £21.00 for this application. Please make sure you view our fees and charges for further information.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
You'll need a credit or debit card.
When we receive your notice we'll check it to make sure it's been completed correctly. We'll telephone you if there is anything else we need.
We'll then send a copy of your notice to the police and the environmental health service.
We can’t refuse a notice unless the police or environmental health object to it. They must do this within three working days of receiving it and they can only object if they think your event could:
- lead to crime and disorder
- cause a public nuisance
- be a threat to public safety
- put children at risk of harm
If the police or environmental health serve an objection notice then the licensing sub committee will hold a hearing – no later than 24 hours before the event.
At the hearing, the committee will either approve, add conditions or reject the notice.
You can fill in a paper version of the form and send two copies of it to us at Licensing, Exeter City Council, Civic Centre, Paris Street, Exeter, EX1 1RQ or bring it into our office.
You will need to fill in the temporary event notice form and send this to us with:
- a cheque for the fee
If you are completing a paper version a full copy of the notice must also be sent to:
Devon and Cornwall Police
Licensing Department (East)
Devon and Cornwall Police HQ