You'll need a licence to carry out any of these activities:
- the retail sale of alcohol
- supplying alcohol to club members and their guests
- providing regulated entertainment
- providing late night refreshment
Regulated entertainment includes the following activities:
- performance of a play
- exhibition of a film
- indoor sporting event
- boxing or wrestling
- performance of dance
- performance of live music
- playing of recorded music
If they take place:
- in the presence of a public audience for their entertainment
- exclusively to members of a qualifying club or
- in private and a charge is made with a view to profit
There are times when you may not need a licence to provide certain types of regulated entertainment and please do contact us if you need advice about this.
Late night refreshment
This is the supply of hot food or hot drink to the public from any premises (for consumption on or off the premises) between the hours of 11pm and 5am.
This can include mobile units, takeaways, restaurants and places like garages or service stations selling hot food.
There are exemptions so please telephone 01392 265702 or email email@example.com if you are not sure if you need a licence.