See our privacy notices for details on how we manage personal information

Dangerous wild animals

Show all parts of this guide

2. Apply for a dangerous wild animal licence

If you want to keep an animal classed as dangerous, wild or exotic then you will need to apply for a dangerous wild animal licence.

You will need to complete an application form and send this to us with your current certificate of insurance for the business.


You'll be charged a fee or £355.00 for this application. Please make sure you view our fees and charges to see how much this will cost.

Related documents

What's next

Following your application we will arrange for a vet to inspect the premises.

The vet will send us their report and the licence will then either be granted and we'll send you your licence in the post or it may be refused or have additional conditions added to it.

If your application is likely to be refused or have additional conditions added we will contact you.


When this content has been updated

Last updated 24 May 2018