'Exeter – A Young People Friendly City' is a youth strategy for Exeter which has been developed with the support and commitment of Exeter Community Forum, Exeter City Council and Devon County Council, recognising that meeting young people’s needs requires agencies to work together and actively engage with young people, their families and communities.
These three bodies are committed to working together and are looking for an appropriate partner agency to deliver the “Exeter Youth Voice”with young people in the city over 2018/19 which aims:
- to help make Exeter a Young People-Friendly City where the views and aspirations of young people are heard and responded to
- enable young people to access the best possible services wherever they live and whatever the wider economic, social and political context
In particular the agency will need to plan and facilitate a series of sessions with young people to build on the consultation that took place with over 600 young people in Exeter earlier in 2017. The key themes identified at this early stage included:
- A Voice for young people in the city and beyond
- Things to do places to go
- Protection from bullying and violence
- Support young people’s mental health
- An environment with young people in mind
- A young people friendly economy
Partner agencies interested in undertaking this work can find more information in these documents
- Exeter Youth Voice - Expressions Of Interest
- Exeter: A Young People Friendly City (booklet)
- For full terms and conditions email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01392 265531
Closing dates for expressions of interest Monday 12 February 5pm. Interviews end February 2018 (date tbc).