3. What are planning obligations used for?
Examples of their uses:
- to control the use of the land
- to ensure that the developer provides sufficient infrastructure improvements to deal with the development
Examples of what a planning obligation might include:
- an element of affordable housing within a housing development
- the provision of open space and play equipment as part of a development, and payment of a sum for their future maintenance
- local road alterations or improvements required by Devon County Council