1. What can I put in the bin?
It is easier, quicker and safer for our workers to sort materials if you do not 'bag up' items in your recycling container.
You can place the following in your recycling container:
- newspapers and magazines
- rinsed drinks cans and food tins
- all empty, clean plastic bottles including lids, and other empty, clean plastic food containers, and polythene or plastic wraps
- junk mail and envelopes - remove plastic wrapper from junk mail - put separately into your container
- clean, empty carrier bags
- phone directories
- clean aluminium foil
- empty aerosols