Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) Closed Addendum applies to businesses which provide direct in-person services from premises and so were required to close from 5 November until 1 December. See the full Government guidance.
The Government's list of business types which had to close for this period included businesses providing non-essential retail; personal care facilities; hospitality venues and leisure/entertainment. Please read the Government's guidance for businesses to determine if you are eligible.
The amount of grant funding that businesses required to close will receive is dependent on the current rateable value (RV) of your premises:
- Premises with an RV of £15k and under will receive £1,334.
- Those with an RV over £15K and below £51K will receive £2,000.
- Premises with an RV over £51k will receive £3,000.
Please note, eligibility is subject to the following restrictions:
- You cannot claim this grant if the substantive element/majority of your business remained open. This allows for restaurants/pubs/other businesses which must be closed to public entry (losing the majority of normal trade) to still claim this grant if a smaller permitted part of the business (eg take away/click and collect/delivery) remained in operation.
- You cannot claim if the business was in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made on or prior to the 5th November 2020.
- Businesses that chose to close but which were not required to will not be eligible for this LRSG Closed Addendum grant.
- Every claim will be subject to anti-fraud assessment and account verification. Attempts to fraudulently claim public grant funding will result in funds being recovered and legal action being taken in every instance.
To make a claim, complete the LRSG - Closed Addendum Application Form.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
To complete your claim, you need:
- Your business rate bill account number – a 9 digit number which you can find on your business rates bill.
- Your details as registered rate payer.
- Your business details (including your company number, VAT number if registered, Unique Tax Reference number or charity number).
- Your bank account details and a photo or PDF of a bank statement to upload.
- Either a Utility bill, Insurance certificate or Tenancy/lease agreement to upload.
- You will receive email confirmation when you have submitted your grant claim
- We will assess your grant claim and contact you by email or phone if we need any further information from you
- If you are not eligible to receive a grant we will email you and tell you why
- If you are eligible to receive a grant we will notify you by email and make payment of the grant award into your nominated bank account in 3 working days