See our privacy notices for details on how we manage personal information
The Government is providing support to businesses through a number of grant schemes administered by Exeter City Council.
See the full Government guidance.
Some businesses may be eligible to apply for grants from more than one scheme.
Business Support Package for January Lockdown
Please note: The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum: 5 January onwards scheme, and The Closed Businesses Lockdown Payment only apply to businesses with a Business Rates liability.
Businesses that are adversely impacted but not eligible under the LRSG (Closed) Addendum: 5 January onwards or the Closed Businesses Lockdown Payment need to apply for support from the Additional Restrictions Grant Scheme.
When national restrictions are imposed by Government and a significant number of businesses are mandated to close to manage the spread of coronavirus, then Local Restrictions Support Grants (Open) and (Sector) and (Closed) cease to apply, although applications can still be made for eligible periods before national restrictions.
As Exeter was subject to local restrictions prior to national restrictions being imposed, businesses remain eligible to claim for applicable variations of the Local Restrictions Support Grants during the period before national restrictions came into force, and successful applications will be paid pro-rata where applicable.
Update 1 March 2021:
The Council has received limited funding for the Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) Open and the Additional Restrictions Grant schemes, and due to the high volume of applications received, both schemes have been temporarily closed, and no further applications can be accepted at this time.
There are 328 applications waiting to be looked at, and once they have been assessed, the schemes will be opened up again if funds allow. Please watch this web page for further updates.
Also, the Government recently announced a second payment cycle for the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum: 5 January onwards scheme. The second payment cycle is for a further 44 days for the period from 16 February to 31 March 2021. Eligible businesses will be able to apply for their second payment from 1pm on Monday, 8 March.
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) - Sector which applies to businesses that have had to remain closed since March 2020 i.e. nightclubs, dance halls or adult entertainment. Open for applications.
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) - Closed Addendum which applies only for the period of national lockdown that was from 5 November 2020 to 1 December 2020 and is a one-off payment to businesses with a business rates liability who were mandated to close at that time. Open for applications.
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) - Closed which applies only from 2 December 2020 to 30 December 2020 to businesses who have a business rates liability that were mandated to close due to tier 2 restrictions being in place. Open for applications.
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) - Open a local discretionary scheme which applies from 2 December 2020 to 4 January 2021 and is aimed at local businesses allowed to remain open but severely impacted by tier 2 or tier 3 restrictions. Local councils have the freedom to determine the precise eligibility criteria for this grant however the Government expects the funding to be targeted at hospitality, hotel, bed & breakfast and leisure businesses. Temporarily closed for applications.
- Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) a local discretionary scheme to provide wider business support during the financial years 2020-21 and 2021-22. This scheme will now also be used to support businesses that are adversely impacted but not eligible under the LRSG (Closed) Addendum: 5 January onwards or the Closed Businesses Lockdown Payment. Temporarily closed for applications.
- LRSG - Closed Addendum: 5 January onwards for the period of current national lockdown from 5 January 2021 for businesses with a business rates liability who are mandated to close. Open for applications.
- Closed Businesses Lockdown Payment is in addition to LRSG (Closed) Addendum: 5 January onwards scheme payments. It is a one-off payment for businesses that have been required to close from 5 January 2021 due to the introduction of national restrictions. Eligibility is the same as for the LRSG (Closed) Addendum: 5 January onwards scheme. There will be one application process for both this scheme and the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum: 5 January onwards scheme, and eligible businesses will receive the two payments together. Open for applications.