6. Level 4 award in managing food safety and hygiene (catering)
This course is designed for senior staff and managers of food handlers in a food business within the catering and hospitality industry. It covers all of the necessary aspects of food hygiene and safety in depth, providing candidates with thorough knowledge. The course concentrates on the need for programmes and procedures to be properly drawn up, introduced and monitored to ensure full compliance with the legislation.
Duration: 6 day course - with an examination on day 7
Schedule: 9:30am to 5:00pm (lunch is not provided)
Exam: Written paper
Venue: Civic Centre, Paris Street, Exeter
Topics covered include:
- personal hygiene
- non-bacterial food poisoning
- food poisoning and food borne disease
- food contamination and its prevention
- food storage and temperature control
- design and construction of premises and equipment
- cleaning and disinfection
- pest control
- food hygiene training
- legislation (EC.UK Codes of Practice)
- management control (HACCP.1S09000.TQM)
Successful candidates will be able to:
- guide and advise on the management of food hygiene in a food business
- contribute to the management of hygiene in a wide variety of food businesses
- identify further technical knowledge necessary in complex processes
- determine further training requirements
- identify areas for legal compliance
- determine good practice
- design an improvement plan
- outline a HACCP type study
- promote and encourage good standards of food safety
- liaise with enforcement officers
- deliver level 1 training (with appropriate training skills)
The course ends with a written exam requiring detailed essay-style answers and free response to structured questions.
All candidates must bring photographic proof of identification on the day of the course to meet the examination board's requirements. Candidates that do not bring photographic identification will not be able to take the course.
Please note: all our courses are delivered in English unless stated otherwise. All delegates must have a good understanding of written and spoken English to attend this course.
At the moment, we do not have any future dates planned for this course. Please contact us if you would like more information.
Making a booking
Please use our online enquiry form to book a place on the Level 4 award in food safety in catering course.
Please refer to our environmental health course terms and conditions before proceeding with your booking.