A consultation document has been produced which sets out a draft Animal Licensing Policy for Exeter.
Recent years have seen several model licence conditions issued, and the launch of a major DEFRA consultation document on the future of animal licensing. In line with this increased focus on the need to maintain and improve standards of animal welfare, it is therefore proposed to introduce an animal licensing policy for Exeter, which consolidates the requirements for the various animal licences issued by the authority, and incorporates the good practise identified in the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health model licence conditions for pet vending, dog boarding, cat boarding and dog breeding.
This draft policy sets out the general principles that the Council will follow in relation to the enforcement of animal welfare legislation. The draft Policy also describes the types of animal licensing matters that are likely to occur and how the Council will deal with them.
- Appendix A: Model Licence Conditions for Dog Boarding Licensing
- Appendix A: Model Licence Conditions for Cat Boarding Licensing
- Appendix B: Standard Conditions for Riding Establishment Licensing (section 9 within this draft document)
- Appendix C: Model Licence Conditions for dog breeding Licensing
- Appendix D: Standard Conditions for Dangerous Wild Animal licensing (section 11 within this draft document)
- Appendix E: Model Licence Conditions for Pet Vending Licensing