Comments and Complaints

Show all parts of this guide

1. Complaints overview

We are always pleased to hear from our customers when we have done well but we also want to know when things go wrong.

If you are dissatisfied with our actions, lack of any actions, or the standard or service provided by us, let us know. This gives us the opportunity to put things right and review the way we do things in the future.

Our definition of a complaint

is when a customer is dissatisfied about:

  • the standard of service received;
  • our response to a request for service; or
  • actions by the Council.

You can use our online form on the next page to make a complaint, give us feedback, or simply to tell us when something we have done has pleased you.

If you let us know you are unhappy with the response you get from the investigation we carry out, we can refer it to an independent senior manager who will review it.

If you are still unhappy with the response we give you after this second reply, you can refer your complaint to either the Local Government Ombudsman or if the matter is related to Housing management, to the Housing Ombudsman.  (For more information see