Salary:£23194-£24496 / Grade E
Service Unit:Culture, Tourism and Leisure
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full time - 37 hours per week
Location: ISCA & St Sidwells Point
Full information for this post
The successful candidate will hold the following essential qualifications and skills Qualifications
NVQ Level 2 in Health & Fitness- Essential
NVQ Level 2 in Customer Service- Desirable
NPLQ Level 3 in Personal Training- Desirable
First Aid at Work Certificate- Desirable
Exercise to Music- Desirable
Working knowledge of health and safety best practice and legislation in leisure facilities- Desirable
Able to travel and work at other sites, mostly within the city-Essential
Able to cover sickness and leave, often at short notice-Essential
Flexible and able to work under pressure-Essential
Experience of working in a Fitness & Leisure Environment-Essential
Experience of working within a Health Suite Spa-desirable
Experience in delivering Group Exercise classes-desirable
Experience in delivering personal programmes-Essential
Experience working in a customer facing environment, providing the highest levels of customer care-Desirable
Experience in using Microsoft computer programmes-Desirable
About the role
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To work as part of a team on a shift rota system to undertake the daily operations of the facilities, ensuring facilities are clean, tidy & well maintained at all times.
2. To undertake maintenance work as required.
3. To undertake Inductions, Fitness Assessments & Personal Programmes in accordance with our brand.
4. To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the centre, and specifically the Fitness & Health facilities, and to constantly implement & assess the procedures, drawing attention to unsafe practises.
5. To guide, care for and assist all fitness users especially in areas of motivation, well-being, nutrition and fitness testing.
6. To work as part of a team to achieve income & sales targets for the Fitness & Health facilities.
7. To make sure all equipment & facilities are safe and secure when not in use.
8. To deliver group exercise classes as and when required.
9. To operate the public address systems, telephones & computer booking system.
10. To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the centre.
11. To assist with the development of Exeter Live Better as a place based brand, whilst also ensuring additional Council branding and guidelines are adhered to at all times.
12. Work closely where required with our partners in Live and Move (Exeter City Council) on joint strategic projects and communications.
13. To undertake any other duties which are commensurate with the role in support of Exeter’s place based brand ‘Exeter Live Better’.
About the team
The team is Committed to providing the best possible service and experience to all users of the centre. they have a strong variety of knowledge and experience within the leisure and fitness industries which you will be able to learn form. As part of the team you will be helping to work towards the ongoing goal of increasing health and fitness participation levels within the Exeter area.
If we sound like the right fit for you and you feel like the right fit for us we would welcome your application. Please click on the Apply button at the bottom of this page.
Alternatively if you would like to find out more about the post, the team or working with us at the Council please contact Nathan Adams, Fitness Programme Coordinator , by calling 07468522176 or via email at email@example.com
We reserve the right to close any vacancy before the closing date if enough applications are received.
At Exeter City Council we are fully committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce to reflect the communities we serve.
To support this commitment we will strive to implement reasonable adjustments to support any members of our communities who face barriers in recruitment processes, irrespective of the reason.
We are also proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and have committed to guaranteeing an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
If you would like further information on this please contact our HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org