Salary:£18,562 / Grade B
Service Unit:Culture, Leisure & Tourism
Permanent: Full-time (rota basis over 7 days per week). Part-time may be considered for the right candidate
Exeter City Council is redefining the leisure market. We are putting quality of life at the heart of our decisions on behalf of our residents and visitors. As a result, we have recently brought all our leisure services ‘in house’ and are about to open our flagship £42million facility St Sidwell’s Point – the country’s first Passivhaus leisure centre.
A great opportunity has arisen for an engaging, passionate individual who has great customer service skills to help deliver our food and beverage offering at our new flagship leisure hub St Sidwell’s Point in the role of Food & Beverage Assistant.
You will be required to support the day-to-day food and beverage operations and provide a warm, friendly, professional atmosphere and high standard of customer service at all times.
It is essential that you hold a current Food Handling Certificate, have a good understanding of Health & Safety and have previously experience of working within a café or restaurant environment.
At Exeter City Council we share a city wide vision for the future of the city: “By the time they are an adult, a child born in Exeter today will live in a city that is inclusive, healthy and sustainable – a city where the opportunities and benefits of prosperity are shared and all citizens are able to participate fully in the city’s economic, social, cultural and civic life.” (Exeter City Vision 2040).
We break the norm when it comes to what is expected of the traditional Local Authority. We work with others to develop and deliver visionary City- wide programmes aimed to achieve carbon neutral growth. As a city, Exeter leads the way when it comes to active lifestyles, climate change, economic prosperity and culture. But don’t just take our word for it – our city’s achievements speaks for themselves:
- More climate change science comes out of Exeter than anywhere else in the world
- The city has one of the UK’s fastest growing economies
- Exeter College is ranked among the best in the UK
- The city has one of the highest numbers of commuters walking to work in the UK
- Exeter has a Russell Group university
- Exeter was awarded UNESCO City of Literature status in 2019
We are proud to work for our city and council. We understand the impact our work has on the lives of our residents and those who work in or visit our city. Day in, day out our employees demonstrate our shared values, working together to achieve our ambitious vision.
What we offer in return
- Agile & Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave entitlement increasing after 5 & 10 years of continuous Local Government service
- Development opportunities such as apprenticeship programmes applicable across a range of job types
- Flexible Working Hours Scheme
- Generous employer contributed Pension Scheme and optional ‘Additional Voluntary Contribution’ scheme
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme open to employees and their immediate family
- Active & green travel initiatives including;
- 40% rail & bus subsidy for public transport to and from work
- Salary sacrifice Cycle to work scheme
If we sound like the right fit for you and you feel like the right fit for us we would welcome your application.
Exeter City Council is an equal opportunities employer and encourages employees to work flexibly in a way that not only meets their work responsibilities, but also suits individual lifestyle choices and home commitments.