Salary:£22,627-£24,491 / Grade F
Service Unit:Culture, Leisure & Tourism
Full time: Permanent, 37 per week over 7 days
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, committed, proactive individual who is willing to go the extra mile in the role of Senior Food and Beverage Manager in a dynamic and fast-paced environment within Exeter Leisure.
We are entering into an exciting period within Exeter Leisure as Riverside Leisure Centre is currently undergoing a full refurbishment of its wet side facilities, due to re-open in July 21. Closely followed by the new flagship site St Sidwell’s Point, the UK’s first passivhaus leisure centre.
Riverside and St Sidwell’s Point will complement our existing thriving centres; Wonford Sports Centre, Isca Bowls centre, Northbrook Swimming pool and Exeter Arena.
As a Food and Beverage Manager, you are responsible for managing all operations of food and beverage provisions across the Exeter Contract. You will lead the Food & Beverage team to provide an exciting, healthy, innovative, quality Food and Beverage operation in order to create demand which meets customer needs whilst increasing profitability.
Specifically you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest of standards:
- To provide the highest possible standards of customer care, presentation of food & beverages, hygiene & cleanliness at all times within a healthy & safe environment.
- Being aware of Health & Safety issues, constantly implementing and assessing procedures, and drawing attention to any useful practices.
- Working as part of a team to achieve the usage and profitability targets of the catering facilities providing innovative ideas and initiating action to increase the usage.
- Ensure financial regulations are adhered to in terms of cash handling, reconciliation and invoice processing.
- Ensure staff understand and observe matters relating to licensing laws.
- To assist in the provision of appropriate staff training and development.
- Support the preparation, cooking and serving of Food and Beverages as appropriate.
- Ensure sufficient staff are available for the safe, high quality functioning of the café/bar
- Monitor food and beverages stock levels
- To support specific events as required and undertake any duties as may be required to assist in the running of the overall facility.
- To undertake any other duties which are commensurate with the role in support of Exeter’s place based brand ‘Exeter Live Better’.
If this sounds like you, and you want to join a friendly and welcoming workplace, then look no further.
Exeter City Council is an equal opportunities employer and encourages employees to work flexibly in a way that not only meets their work responsibilities, but also suits individual lifestyle choices and home commitments.