1. Energy Company Obligation
The Energy Company Obligation (ECO) is a government energy efficiency scheme aimed at reducing carbon emissions and tackling fuel poverty.
In order to target ECO funding to the most vulnerable households local authorities have flexibility to prioritise certain households in their area.
The priority groups are outlined in our current Statement of Intent. Those that are eligible can access fully funded or subsidised energy saving measures in their homes.
There are a number of installers delivering energy saving measures across the city.
Previous Statements of Intent:
- Statement of Intent - version 1 (withdrawn 14 August 2017)
- Statement of Intent - version 2 (withdrawn 12 January 2018)
- Statement of Intent - version 3 (withdrawn 1 March 2019)
- Statement of Intent - version 4 (withdrawn 1 July 2021)
- Statement of intent - version 5 (withdrawn 1 April 2022)
- Statement of intent - version 5.1 (withdrawn 1 July 2022)
- Statement of intent - version 6 (withdrawn 29 September 2022)
Residents – ECO Flex
The Energy Company Obligation is an obligation on energy suppliers to help households cut their energy bills and reduce carbon emissions by installing energy saving measures. Flexible Eligibility focuses on households in fuel poverty or with occupants on low incomes or who are vulnerable to the effects of cold homes.
The ECO Flex Process:
- A householder can make contact with an agent or installer or may have been contacted directly. A householder cannot apply for the ECO Flex scheme directly.
- The agent is instructed by the householder to undertake a survey of their property. This survey assess factors such as heating, insulation, room sizes etc. and will result in a financial offer for what works the energy company can fund to raise the energy efficiency of the dwelling. If the cost of works is below the financial offer from the energy company, the grant will proceed free of charge to the household. If the cost of works is greater than the offer from the energy company then there may be a financial contribution for the client to make. Ensure that you are aware of the full cost of works and if there is any requirement for a customer contribution to complete works.
- The householder completes and signs the Householder Declaration Form and the agent or installer passes this to us to confirm eligibility against our Statement of Intent.
- The agent or installer will receive authority from us to proceed with the work based on the information contained in the Householder Declaration. You are under no obligation to proceed with the works.
- The agent or installer will produce a quote with a detailed summary of work and if you are happy to proceed a date for install is agreed by the householder and installer direct.
Please note that our role in the process is just to confirm household eligibility based on the Statement of Intent and the information in the Householder Declaration.