Communal gardens surrounding our blocks of flats remain open and we want our tenants to be able to continue to enjoy them. To keep them open it is important that all tenants observe government social distancing rules whenever they use the garden area.
- Tenants may use singly or as a household once a day for exercise – maximum 1 hour
- The 2m distancing rule must apply (roughly 2 broom lengths)
- Tempting though it is on a sunny day, sitting on benches should be avoided as the virus can survive on the surface for many hours, even days
- Non-residents, even family, are not permitted to use the gardens at any time
- Avoid touching surfaces as much as possible
- Avoid touching your face at all times
- Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water as soon as you return to your flat.
Where we become aware that the social distancing rules are not maintained then the Council may reluctantly have to close gardens or any open space used by tenants.
We will review these restrictions regularly and modify or remove them in line with government policy and recommendations