2. Mandatory HMO licensing
Mandatory licensing of HMOs is required by law, and is operated by all local councils in England and Wales. Mandatory licensing applies to HMOs that are:
- 3 or more storeys high, and
- let to 5 or more persons who form more than one household who share an amenity such as a kitchen, bathroom or toilet
The mandatory HMO application guidance can be download below:
- Mandatory Licence application form
- Mandatory Licence renewal application form
- Mandatory Licence renewal guidance
Please note this is for mandatory HMO licensing only.
Make sure you read the application guidance before attempting to complete the application form. If there is anything that is unclear, please contact us.
A valid HMO licence application consists of the completed HMO licence application form and the licence fee (currently £730).
More information on HMO licensing is available via the link below: