Private tenant repairs

Is your landlord refusing to carry out repairs?

The first step is to write to your landlord and tell them what needs repairing. Please keep a copy of the letter you send and any response if you have one.

If your landlord is still refusing to carry out repairs we may be able to help you. Contact the private sector housing team on 01392 265148 or email

We will carry out assessments of any defects under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System.  Some of the common issues found in private accommodation are:

When this content has been updated

Last updated 5 April 2018