3. Minor repairs service
What is it?
The minor repairs service is free and can help you by providing an operative that can deal with minor repairs.
Who can use the service?
This service is open to people living in our older persons accommodation along with people over the age of 70 or registered disabled people in other types of accommodation.
What works are covered?
The repairs undertaken by an operative would either be minor repairs that are our responsibility such as:
- tap washers
- easing doors
- repairs to internal door furniture
or are minor repairs that would normally be the tenants' responsibility, such as:
- changing light bulbs
- fitting curtain tracks
- putting up shelves
- renewing internal door furniture
- floor and wall tiling to small areas
- minor fencing repairs
- minor gardening works that may cause hazard (pruning shrubs where blocking paths etc)
- minor decorations (this only covers 'touching up' work)
- plumbing in washing machines
- easing internal doors after flooring fitted
The maximum time the operative can spend on any one job is one hour. The operative will let you know if the work is too difficult.
If you require items such as curtain rails and shelving you will need to purchase them and have them ready to fit for when the operative arrives.
The maximum number of visits permitted to any one property is 5 during any 12 month period.
What repairs are not covered
- decorating works to complete walls or rooms
- regular garden maintenance eg cutting of grass and watering
- planting of shrubs, flowers
- household duties such as cleaning, changing bed linen etc
- electrical and gas works. You need to contact 01392 277888 and ask for the repairs team if this type of work needs doing.
How you can access the service?
You can request the minor repairs service in a number of ways -
- the majority of older person housing sites will have a minor repairs book which will be normally held in the common room, just note down the work you require and on the next visit the operative will carry it out
- you can inform the warden that calls at your home and they will record the details for you
- you can contact the repairs team or email email@example.com
- you can text on 07772346599