How we will resume our housing services
We are applying a 3 step approach to getting our housing services back to normal.
As at 1 July 2020 we are at Step 2 and will advise you as this progresses to Step 3
With our 3 step approach these are the actions we will be taking:
- We and our contractors will always contact you before visiting you to check that you are not self-isolating or shielding.
- If the visit is health and safety related we will discuss with you what can be done to keep the visit as safe as possible for all concerned.
- When visiting you we will always respect social distancing for the entirety of the visit and ask that everyone in your household does so too.
- We will ask that you open all windows at least 30 minutes before the scheduled appointment time.
- That whilst we are working to get our services back to our normal service standards as quickly as possible there might be some unavoidable delays as we catch up with some of the backlogs.
Our three step approach
In the first stage of our return to providing a full housing service, we will be carrying out these services only:
- Emergency and urgent repairs
- External and communal area repairs
- Electric safety checks
- Gas safety inspections
- Inspections of communal areas and escape routes in blocks of flats
- Inspection works in external areas
- Restarting lettings and mutual exchanges
- Urgent and essential adaptation works
In the second stage of our return to providing a full housing service, we will be carrying out these services in addition to those already provided in step 1:
- Routine repairs inside your home
- Survey and inspections in your home including tenancy/property inspections by Housing Officers
- Resuming urgent assessments for adaptations
- Legionella testing and cleansing
- Stair lift servicing
- Processing Right to Buy applications
- External Planned Maintenance Works
In the third and final stage of our return to providing a full housing service, we will be carrying out these services in addition to those already provided in step 1, and step 2:
- Planned maintenance work
- Kitchen and bathroom replacements
- Reviewing the use of communal spaces and facilities to see if we can bring these back to use
- Commence resident involvement activities
- Resuming all assessments for adaptations
- Radon improvement works
- Fire risk assessments and related improvement works
- General Planned Maintenance Works