1. What you can expect from us
We have a three stage approach to getting our housing services back on line. We are now able to undertake emergency and urgent repairs. Before we attend we will contact you to find out if your household is self-isolating.
To report a repair, please call 01392 265031.
For more details, please see Covid-19: returning to normal service.
To report a repair, please use the online reporting system or call the repairs department by by dialling 01392 265031.
When you contact us to request a repair we will:
- check your contact details
- confirm repair details
- treat you with courtesy
- offer appointments for non-emergency work that will be either a morning, afternoon or avoiding the school run
- protect you and your home by making sure the contractors work carefully and safely
- respect you and your home while the work is taking place keeping disruption to a minimum
- post inspect a minimum of 10% of all repair works
- ensure that everyone visiting your home has identification
We are responsible for:
- general maintenance and repair of the structure of the property (including roofs, drains, gutters and pipes)
- entrance doors, hallways, stairwells, lifts, rubbish chutes, lighting or other parts that are shared by tenants or leaseholders of flats
- internal repairs to pipes, wiring, heating systems, drainage, and power and light fittings
- outbuildings, sheds, porches or garages we originally put up (we may remove them rather than repair them)
- steps and paths that lead from the gate or boundary to the front and back doors
As a tenant you are responsible for:
- keeping your property clean and in good decorative order inside
- preventing waste pipes or drains from becoming blocked
- allowing our contractors into your home to carry out repairs, annual safety checks, and any other necessary inspections
- repairing and maintaining any fixture, fitting or appliance you have put in including washing machines, dishwashers and tumble dryers
- taking action to prevent and control condensation
- taking action to prevent pipes from freezing or bursting such as by lagging pipes
- making sure that occupants and visitors to the property do not cause any damage beyond general wear and tear