2. Garden and decoration assistance scheme
Who do we help?
- People over the age of 70. You must have no other person living in the property between 16 and 70 years of age and must have a clear rent account
- Disabled people. You must have no other person living in the property between 16 and 70 years of age, you must be in receipt of full housing benefit and you will need to have a clear rent account. You will also need to provide proof of your disability
- If only one of you is registered disabled and the other person is below 70 years of age, help can be given by way of a material or equipment allowance. You must still ensure you have a clear rent account
Garden assistance scheme
The garden assistance scheme is designed to help with the maintenance of grass areas, shrubs, bushes and hedges.
- cut all grass areas regularly (the time of year and the weather can affect how regularly this takes place)
- trim all shrubs/bushes regularly to the appropriate size for your garden
- trim all hedges twice a year (this is normally July and October so we don't disturb nesting birds)
- clear up and remove all clippings and grass cuttings after work has finished
- inspect gardens regularly to ensure the work is being carried out to a high standard
Decoration assistance scheme
The decoration assistance scheme is designed to help you with internal decorations. Due to the demand for this scheme; only one room can be decorated at a time.
- only use water-based acrylic paints (for health and safety reasons we do not use oil based paints).
- move empty heavy pieces of furniture so you don't have to.
- take all reasonable precautions to ensure no damage occurs to furniture, walls or floor surfaces. Dust sheets will be used as necessary.
- remove all old wallpaper, paint tins etc. from your home and arrange for their disposal.