3. Will I have to pay for a repair?
You will have to pay for repairs to your property if the damage has been caused by abuse or neglect or if you refuse to contact the police to obtain a crime number.
This may include:
- broken windows
- new locks (following the loss of keys)
- blocked drain (if caused by you)
- damage to property found after moving out
- removal of rubbish
You will not have to pay for repairs due to wear and tear or where a crime number has been reported.
Tips on how you can avoid being recharged
- report repairs as soon as possible
- keep your property in a good state of repair
- know your responsibilities
- seek written permission from your housing officer before making any alterations
- clean and clear your property before moving out