2. Appraisals and Management Plans
There are 20 Conservation Areas in Exeter for which a programme of combined Conservation Area Appraisals and Management Plans is underway.
The documents are intended to identify the special character of an area along with elements that are worthy of retention or enhancement as well as those elements that detract from the character. They will also act as a framework for the control of development and also by those proposing new development so that they may gain a greater understanding of the character of the area, as an integral consideration in the preparation of their proposals. Through the management plan, suggestions will be made for a programme of possible enhancements.
The appraisals offer an overview of the whole Conservation Area and are not intended to be comprehensive.
Hard copies are available from planning services (£5).
Draft Appraisals for Consultation
Conservation Area Appraisals and Management Plans (Adopted)
To download any of the plans listed below, please visit our documents library.
- Alphin Brook - February 2009
- Alphington - September 2005
- Belmont - June 2007
- Central - August 2002
- Cowick - November 2004
- Exwick - June 2006
- Heavitree - March 2004
- Longbrook - November 2005
- Lower Summerlands - March 2008
- Midway Terrace and Ide Lane - September 2005
- Mont Le Grande - March 2009
- Pennsylvania - January 2007
- Princes Square - July 2006
- Riverside - September 2005
- Southernhay and The Friars - August 2002
- St. David's - November 2005
- St. Sidwells - June 2007
- St. Leonard's - March 2008
- Taddyforde - February 2008
- Topsham - June 2009