2. What you can make comments about
Only comments on planning matters can be considered and any comments we think are personal or inappropriate may be removed.
Comments on planning matters include:
- how it fits in with the adopted Development Plan
- how the proposal fits in terms of design and use with the surroundings
- the effect on sunlight and daylight on neighbouring properties
- the loss of privacy to neighbouring properties
- the effect on parking, traffic and road safety
- noise and general disturbance to nearby residents' land
Comments which cannot be considered:
- personal circumstances or character of the person
- spoiling your view
- devaluing your property
- moral issues
- covenants affecting properties
- nuisance caused by building work
- boundary and neighbour disputes
Anybody can comment. You do not need to have a direct interest in the application site or be a neighbour. You can support as well as object to a proposal.
Remember that all comments received are open to public inspection and may be repeated in other public documents. However, your signature, telephone number or email address will not be shown.