A Planning Performance Agreement (PPA) helps manage the planning process. The Local Planning Authority (LPA) and the applicant can use it to agree timescales, actions and resources.
PPAs are helpful at:
- the pre-application stage
- the planning application stage
- the post-decision stage
- any combination of these
You could have a PPA for any application but they are more effective on more significant, complex proposals. We recommend our pre-application enquiry service for all types of proposals.
The advantages of using PPAs are:
- issues identified at an early stage
- consultees identified at an early stage
- guaranteed timescales
- scheme managed throughout the process
- clear communication
- better working relationship
- a consistent approach from officers
- advice from critical consultees
Later this year, we will launch a Placemaking Charter for Exeter with more information on PPAs.
To notify us of your wish to enter into a PPA please click on the Start button below.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
You'll need to tell us about your proposal, what stage your project is at, what issues and milestones you're expecting, and your contact details so we can get back in touch with you.
We will contact you within five working days to discuss your request.