1. Local development scheme
The Local Development Scheme (LDS) sets out the planning policy that is to be prepared by Exeter City Council and the timetable for its preparation. It came into effect on 10 June 2021.
New Exeter Local Plan
The new Exeter Local Plan is being prepared by the City Council. It will be the main planning policy document for the city and will include a vision and objectives for Exeter, a development strategy, sites for development and a series of planning policies. Once adopted, the new Local Plan will replace the Core Strategy and the current Local Plan Review.
The timetable for preparing the new Local Plan is below.
- Issues consultation: September 2021
- Draft plan consultation: September 2022
- Publication: February 2023
- Submission to Planning Inspectorate: June 2023
- Examination hearings: October 2023
- Adoption: June 2024