Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner


See the latest information and advice in Exeter. We are closely monitoring the situation and working with the government and NHS, who are well prepared to deal with this virus.

May bank holiday bin collections

Domestic refuse and recycling collections due on Monday 25 May, will instead take place on Saturday 30 May. All other collections that week will remain as normal – find out when your bin is collected

Online services

Online service links

The best way to find information or a service is to use the website search page

Popular actions

Benefits and welfare

Council tax

Bins and recycling

  • All of our online services are still available through our main Bins and recycling page (or by using the full list below)




  • Parking permits can be purchased by phone. Please call 01392 277888



Full online service list

The following list details all of our online services that you can access through your computer, tablet or smart-phone.


Benefits and welfare

Benefit and budgeting calculator

Make an online benefit claim

View your benefit account online

View your landlord account online


Bins and recycling

Apply for assisted waste collection

Bin reminder service

Book a bulky waste collection

Bulky waste collections

Cancel your garden waste subscription

Change your address

Enquire about our commercial waste services

Manage your garden waste bins

Order a new or replacement bin

Renew your garden bin subscription

Report a damaged garden waste bin

Report a missed bin

Report a stolen garden waste bin

Report an overflowing recycling bank

Sign up for your electronic Duty of Care



Available council properties

Commercial property currently available

Commercial Property Register

Pay your business rates

View your business rates online


Car parking

Appeal a car park fine

Buy car park season tickets

Pay a car park fine


Clean, safe city

Alarm notification

Dog control orders

Graffiti removal consent

Light pollution

Make a noise complaint

Register a food business

Report a full litter bin

Report a lost or stray dog

Report a pest control problem online

Report an abandoned vehicle

Report an environmental health issue

Report an overflowing dog bin

Report antisocial behaviour

Report dog fouling

Report fly tipping

Report fly-posting

Report graffiti

Report littering

Reported graffiti removal consent


Council and democracy

Browse agendas and minutes

Comments, compliments and complaints - Making a complaint

Forward Plan of Executive Decisions

Make a freedom of information request

Make a subject access request

Mayoral invitations

Meetings, agenda and minutes

Pay for a service

Register to vote

Report a fraud or irregularity

Request to speak at a committee

Search for committee documents

Withdraw image consent


Council tax

COVID-19 request financial support

Moving in

Moving out

Pay your Council Tax

Set up a Direct Debit

Sign in to your Council Tax account

Single person discounts



Contacting us for housing advice

COVID-19 request for financial support

Landlord Incentives Scheme

Mandatory HMO licensing

Pay your service charges

Private rented property complaints

Report an empty home

Request a repair


Leisure and culture

Apply for an allotment

Apply for permission to film in Exeter

Report an issue with a tree

Report Ash dieback



Apply for a club premises certificate

Apply for a house to house collections licence

Apply for a hypnotism licence

Apply for a licence

Apply for a licence to keep a pet shop

Apply for a licence to operate a riding establishment

Apply for a licence to operate a zoo

Apply for a licence to operate an animal boarding establishment

Apply for a new premises licence

Apply for a provisional statement

Apply for a scrap metal licence

Apply for a street trading licence

Apply for street collection licence

Apply to operate a sex establishment

Apply to transfer a premises licence

Apply to vary a designated premises supervisor (DPS)

Apply to vary a premises licence

Licensing Public Register

Notification to operate a zoo

Search animal boarding establishments

Search animal breeding establishments

Search for Hackney Carriage licenced drivers

Search for Hackney Carriage licenced vehicles

Search for licenced pet shops

Search for licenced premises

Search for private hire licenced drivers

Search for private hire licenced operators

Search for private hire licenced vehicles

Search for riding establishments

Search gambling licences

Search personal licences

Search small society lotteries

Search street trading licences

Temporary event notice application


People and communities

Community action grants

Enquire about a wedding

Guildhall booking enquiry

Notify us of an event


Planning services

Apply for a street name or number for new properties

Apply for building regulations approval

Apply for planning permission

Apply to work on a preserved tree

Change a property name or add a name to a numbered property

Complain about a high hedge

Find a planning application

When this content has been updated

Last updated 30 April 2020