There is overwhelming evidence that regular physical activity is good for us, for our society and our environment. Yet the world we live in doesn’t necessarily make being physically active simple - it is increasingly easy for us to move less rather than to move more as we go about our day.
The good news for Exeter is that we already have a population that is, on average, more physically active than most other places in the country. This reflects the fantastic environment we have in our city and its surroundings, and that we have a relatively large young and affluent population who tend to be more active. However innovative data analysis shows us that this is not the whole story for our city. Areas in Exeter are amongst the most deprived in the country and in these places physical activity levels are low and the ill health associated with inactive lives is high. This is why it is our ambition for everyone in Exeter to benefit from an active life, and why the Physical Activity Strategy and the Built Facilities, Playing fields, Pitches, Play Areas, Parks and Green Spaces Strategy are so important.
Following a wide-ranging consultation during 2019, these plans reflect our ambition to make Exeter the most active city in England.
- Exeter Live Better Move More Physical Activity Strategy 2019
- Exeter Live Better Move More Built Facilities, Playing fields, Pitches, Play Areas, Parks and Green Spaces Strategy July 2019
- Exeter Built Indoor Sports & Leisure Facilities Review Oct 2018 Max Associates
- Playing Pitch Strategy 2017-2016 Final Draft Feb 2018 Continuum
- Exeter Play Report 2017 - part 1
- Exeter Play Report 2017 - part 2
To get in touch regarding our plans for promoting active and healthy lifestyles, please contact the Active & Healthy People Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org