We have issued new guidance for people with confirmed or possible Covid-19 (Coronavirus) on how to dispose of waste safely.
Rubbish collections take place once a fortnight for most residents. Some residents in the city centre or large shopping areas have weekly rubbish collections.
Please note the following:
- Your rubbish, recycling or garden waste should be put out for collection at the designated collection point for your property (enter your address above to find out where this is).
- Your container should be out for collection no earlier than 6:00pm the evening before collection day and no later than 6:00am on the day itself.
- Following a bank holiday, the crews will work on Saturday to catch up with collections. To find out whether your property is affected enter your address above where you will find your next collection days and a downloadable annual collection calendar.
- Your black rubbish bin must not be overfilled. The lid should be able to close. The crew will not collect overfilled bins or waste placed beside the black bin.
- If you have extra recycling, you can place this out in bags beside your green bin. Label the bags as ‘recycling’ and with the first line of your address.
- We will not return to collect bins that are not put out in the way specified above.
- You must keep your bins on your property between collections.
- If you are not able to move your rubbish, recycling or garden bin to your designated collection point, you can apply for Assisted Waste Collections (certain criteria must be met and this service does not apply to bin store collections).